Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set - 87
1. Who was declared be Wisden as “The Best Indian Bowler of the Century”
(a) Kapil Dev
(b) B.S. Chandrashekhar
(c) B.S. Bedi
(d) Subhash V.Gupta
2. Which of the following mountain ranges in India are the oldest?
3. What apparatus is used to locate a submerged object?
4. Special Drawing Rights (SDR) facility is available at
(a) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
(b) World Bank (IBRD)
(c) International Development Association (IDA)
(d) Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
5. Where does most of the weather phenomena take place?
6. What is referred to as “Depository Services”?
(a) A new scheme of fixed deposits
(b) A method of regulating stock exchanges
(c) An agency for safe-keeping of securities
(d) An advisory service to investors
7. Who was the first Indian to be a Fellow of the Royal Society of London?
(a) Srinivas Ramanujan
(b) A.C. Wadia
(c) C.V. Raman
(d) P.C. Mahalanobis
8. The subject-matter of Ajanta Paintings pertains to:
9. Which organ of the body never rests?
10. Why did the Government ban the import of “Terminator seeds”?
(a) To contain a virus which can destroy local crops
(b) These seeds are injurious to human and animal health
(c) These seeds contain genetically engineered properties to prevent ,further
(d) These seeds multiply at very slow rates
1. (a) 2.
(c) 3. (d) 4. (a) 5. (c) 6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (b) 10. (c).