Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set - 99
1. By which the sex of a child is determined before birth ?
(a) Sperms of father
(b) Foetus of mother
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) Nutrition of mother
2. What may be the cause of malfunctioning of thyriod gland ?
(a) Iodine deficiency
(b) Iron deficiency
(c) Calcium deficiency
(d) Vitamin C
3. Which of the following is called the twin of the earth ?
4. Which of the following is called the storehouse of world-art
(a) National Archives of India
(b) National Museum
(c) National Modren Art Gallery
(d) Salarjung Museum
5. Who among the following is not known for popularising ‘Thumri’ form of
(b) Amir Khusaro
(c) Nawab Vajid Ali Shah
(d) Siddheshwari Devi
6. A shopkeeper earns a profit of 10% after allowing a discount of 20% on
the marked price. The cost price of the article whose marked price is Rs. 880,
(a) Rs. 704
(b) Rs. 640
(c) Rs. 774
(d) Rs. 680
7. The equivalent single discount for two successive discounts of 15% and
8. The marked price of a watch is Rs. 160. A customer buys it for Rs.
122.40 on two successive discounts. If the first discount is 10%, then the
second discount is
9. In 30 litres mixture of acid, the ratio of acid and water is 2 : 3.
What amount of water should be added to the mixture so that the ratio of acid
and water becomes 2 : 5 ?
(a) 10 litres
(b) 15 litres
(c) 18 litres
(d) 12 litres
10. The diagonal of a square A is (a+b). The diagonal of a square whose
area is twice the area of square A, is
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (b) 4. (d) 5. (c) 6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (d) 10. (c)