Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : Maths Set -20
1. If a man walks 20 km at 5 km/hr, he will be late by 40 minutes. If he
walks at 8 km per hr, how early from the fixed time will he reach?
(a) 15 minutes
(b) 25 minutes
(c) 50 minutes
2. A boy rides his bicycle 10km at an average speed of 12 km per hr and
again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km per hr His average speed for
the entire trip is approximately:
(b) 10.8 km/hr
(c) 11.0 km/hr
(d) 12.2 km/hr
3. A train 180 m long moving at the speed of 20 m/sec. over-takes a man
moving at a speed of 10m/sec in the same direction. The train passes the man in
(a) 6 sec
(b) 9 sec
(c) 18 sec
(d) 27 sec
4. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A
at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/ hr Another train starts from B at 9
a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr At what time do they meet?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 10 : 30 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 11 : 30 a.m.
5. In covering a certain distance, the speeds of A and B are in the ratio of
3 : 4. A takes 30 minutes more than B to reach the destination. The time taken
by A to reach the destination is
(a) 1 hour
(c) 2 hours
Directions : A survey of film watching habits of people living in 5
cities, I, II, III, IV and V is summarised below. The column
(a) gives percentage of film-watchers in each city who see only film a week. The
(b) gives the total number of film-watchers who see more than one film per week.
Read the table and answer question 115 and 120:
City (a) (b)
6. How many film-watchers in city II see only one film a week?
7. Which city has the highest number of film-watchers who see only one film a
8. The city with the lowest number of film-watcher is
9. The city with the highest number of film-watchers is
10. The total number of all filmwatchers in the five cities who see only one
film a week is
1. (c) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (c) 5. (c) 6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (a)