Psychological Tests For Assistant Loco Pilot - Test for
Measuring Ability to Follow Directions
In this test you will be given a pattern of letters to look at and will be asked
questions about how certain directions will change that pattern. The answer to
each question will be one of the letters in the pattern. You are to decide which
letter shows the correct answer.
Q. No.1. Which is the only letter that appears directly above A?
You will note that answer to this question is B
1. Which alphabet appears to the right of C in Row II?
2. If Row I and III are written in reverse order then which alphabet will
come below C in Row II?
3. If ever, D appears to the right of C in Row IV then answer is the last
alphabet of Row IV. If not, answer is the middle alphabet of Row III.
4. Which alphabet will appear to the left of alphabet above C in Row II?
5. Which alphabet is above E of Row V?
6. The answer to this question will be the alphabet that appears between B
and E after reversing Row IV
7. If all alphabets of Column II are reversed, which alphabet will come
between E and B of Row II?
8. If Row I and II are reversed which alphabet will come between C and A in
Column III ?
9. On moving from left to right in the first Row up to Column III and then
downwards to Row III, which alphabet appears only once ?
10. Starting from upper left hand corner and going up to Column V and then
coming downwards upto Row V which alphabet appears only once?
11. If all the alphabets of Column V are reversed which alphabet will appear
to the left of A?
12. If ever D appears immediately to the right of B in Row V answer is the
second alphabet of Row I. If not, answer is the last alphabet of Row II.
13. On moving from right to left in Row III upto Column II, which alphabet
appears below E ?
14. Start from upper right hand corner and go towards left in such a manner
as to reach the starting point. Which alphabet comes between second D and second
15. The answer to this question is the alphabet that comes after first three
alphabets of Row IV.
16. Which alphabet appears just above the alphabet to the left of fifth
alphabet of Column V?
17. If Row II is written backwards, which alphabet will come above C in Row
18. Which is the first alphabet towards the left side of the alphabet just
above the alphabet between D and A of row IV ?
19. If Row III is reversed, which alphabet will appear below C ?
20. Which alphabet appears towards the right of the alphabet just above the
alphabet between B and D of Row V?
The answers for practice problems 1 to 20 are B, E, B, C, A, A, D, B, C, E,
D, D, D, C, A ,A, E, E, C and E respectively.