Indian Railways : Assistant Loco Pilot
Aptitude Test Guidelines for Assistant Station Master Exam
:: Basic Instructions ::
How can tests help you?
- They will help you to show where your strengths lie.
- They have been chosen because the skills they involve are used in the
- The tests are carefully designed so that they are fair to all
- Taking tests will help you in adjusting on the job.
How can tests help us?
- We get the right sort of people to do the job.
- Tests give us unbiased assessment of your strengths and limitations.
- People who do well on the test usually do well in the job itself.
What sort of Aptitude tests will you have to take?
The aptitude tests have been designed for various jobs in
critical safety categories. You will be given the test battery, consisting of
five‐six tests, prescribed for the job you have applied for. Generally the tests
are administered in groups of 35-150 candidates. They are required to answer the
questions given in test booklets and mark the responses on OMR Answer Sheets.
How to record your answers
Most paper-pencil tests require you to record your answers on
a separate answer sheet so that they can be scored quickly. A sample of the
answer sheet used by Indian Railways may be seen here. The answers are marked on
the answer sheet by fully darkening the circles which go with your answers. Use
a blue ball point pen. Remember you are not permitted to change your answer. For
each answer, if more than one circle is shaded, it will not be evaluated. Do not
make any stray mark on the sheet.