Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Mumbai
About RRB Mumbai:
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), Mumbai functions under the Ministry of
Railways, Government of India. It is primarily responsible for recruiting the
group 'C' staff.
Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai, is carrying out recruitment for Mumbai
Division & HQ of Western Railway, and Mumbai, Nagpur, Solapur, Pune, Bhusawal
Division and HQ of Central Railway, Nanded Division of South Central Railway and
Nagpur Division of South East Central Railway. Earlier RRB Mumbai (then Known as
Railway Service Commission) was located at Churchgate. In February 1986 it was
shifted to Mumbai Central. The RRB building at Mumbai Central has been rebuilt
in October 2000.
Selection Method of RRB Mumbai:
- The selection process is subject to rules and regulations issued by
Railway Board, Ministry of Railways ( Government of India) which includes
reservation of jobs for Schedule caste (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), other
backward classes (OBC), Ex Servicemens etc.
- Employment Notifications calling for applications from eligible
candidates are published in local News Papers Employment news / Rojgar
samachar and an indicative advertisement is published in local news papers.
- The time period given to apply in response to notifications is not less
than 30 days. The applications received in the time period prescribed are
scrutinized with reference to criteria published in the notification.
- Schedule of Written / On-line examination is also published in News
papers and employment news / Rojgar samachar. Eligible candidates are
informed of their date and center of their examination by call letters.
- List of Candidates successful in the examination is published in the
newspapers, internet and successful candidates are also advised by post.
- Candidates declared successful in Written / On-line examination are
called for Aptitude test / Type Test / Documents verification / Interviews
- Viva-voce test (interviews) have been eliminated in most of RRB
examinations w.e.f. 18.3.99. To see procedure which is applicable for the
selections of various categories of posts click here.
- Final Panel is then formed as per merit, requirement and final result is
published in Employment news / Rojgar samachar and intimation letters are
sent to successful candidates advising them - their allotted Railways /
Railway Recruitment Board,
Railway Divisional office compound,
Mumbai Central, (E),
Mumbai - 400 202, Maharashtra.
Telephone No.: (022) 23090422
Courtesy : RRB Mumbai