Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT (ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set -29
1. Fruits of this plant are found underground
2. A rare and endangered animal in Silent Valley is
(a) Musk deer
(c) Liontailed macaque
3. A boat will submerge when it displaces water equal to its own :
(c) surface area
4. The asteroids revolve round the Sun in between
(a) Earth and Mars
(b) Mars and Jupiter
(c) Jupiter and Saturn
(d) Saturn and Uranus
5. The Suez Canal connects
(a) Mediterranean and Red seas.
(b) Baltic and Caspian Seas.
(c) Mediterranean and North Seas.
(d) Red Sea and Caspian Sea.
6. Khasi and Garo Tribes mainly live in
7. Which one of the following areas is noted for mangrove vegetation ?
(a) Lava forest of Kalimpong.
(b) Sajnekhali forest of South 24 Parganas.
(c) Dandakaranya forest of Orissa
(d) Carbet National Park of U.P.
8. Extensive deserts occur in the western tropical regions of continents
(a) of easterly trade winds.
(b) cold ocean currents flow along the western coasts.
(c) of the effect of both the offshore easterly trade winds and cold ocean
(d) the rate of evaporation is greater along the western margin areas.
9. The sea bed sloping gradually and bordering the continent is known as
(b) Continental Shelf.
(c) Continental Platform.
(d) Continental Slope.
10. How many members of the State Legislative Council are elected by the
(a) 1/6 th of the members
(b) 1/3 rd of the members
(c) 1/12 th of the members
(d) 5/6 th of the members
1. (c) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (b) 5. (a) 6. (a) 7. (b) 8. (c) 9. (b) 10. (b)