Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set - 74
1. If KASHMIR is written as 8142753, how RIMSHAK can be written in that
2. The average age of a cricket team is 27 years. Two players with 24 and
27 years of age ,are replaced by new players of 23 and 28 years of age. What is
the average age of the team now?
(a) 27 years
(b) 26 years
(c) 24 years
(d) .28 years
3. Four friends A, B, C, D, contribute money to a pool. A contributes
double the amount C contributes and B contributes half the amount A contributes.
D contributes half the amount of B. Which two are contributing equal amount?
(a) B, D
(b) A, D
(c) A, B
(d) B, C
4. Anil reached a place on Friday. He came to know that he was three days
earlier than the scheduled day. If he had reached there on the following Sunday,
how many days late/early he would have been?
(a) One day earlier
(b) One day late
(c) Two days late
(d) Two days earlier
5. In the following question a statement is followed by four inferences.
Select the one which is most appropriate. All the books, written by Prabhakar,
are textbooks. Some of his books are published by Pitamber Publishing Company.
(a) All the books published by Pitamber Publishing Company have been written
(b) Pitamber Publishing Company publishes some critical essays written by
(c) Some textbooks written by Prabhakar are published by publishers other than
Pitamber Publishing Company.
(d) Pitamber Publishing Company only publishes textbooks.
6. Whose teachings inspired the French Revolution?
7. A money bill passed by the Lok Sabha is deemed to have been passed by
the Rajya Sabha also when no action is taken by the Upper House within :
(a) 10 days
(b) 14 days
(c) 20 days
(d) 30 days
8. Which one of the following metals pollutes the air of a city having
large number of automobiles?
9. Which one of the following is a female sex hormone?
10. What is the chemical name for ‘baking soda’?
(a) Sodium carbonate
(b) Sodium bicarbonate
(c) Sodium nitrite
(d) Sodium nitrate
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (d) 5. (d) 6. (b) 7. (b) 8. (c) 9.
(a) 10. (b)