RRB GROUP-D Exam - Model Questions (Set-29)
1. If the volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 27: 1, the ratio of their
(a) 3 : 1
(b) 27 : 1
(c) 1 :3
(d) 1 : 27
2.The sides of a rectangular plot are in the ratio 5:4 and its area is
equal to 500 sq.m. The perimeter of the plot is
3. The radius of a wheel is 21 cm. How many revolution will it make in
travelling 924 metres?
4. The edges of a cuboid are in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3 and its surface area
is 88cm2. The volume of the cuboid is:
(a) 120 cm3
(b) 64 cm3
(c) ,48 cm3
(d) 24 cm3
5. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm, formed by an arc of
length 3.5 cm is
(a) 8.5 cm2
(b) 8.75 cm2
(c) 7.75 cm2
(d) 7.50 cm2
6. Find the length of the largest rod that can be placed in a room 16m
long, 12m broad and 32/3 m. high.
7. A solid metallic cone of height 10 cm, radius of base 20 cm is melted to
make spherical balls each of 4 cm. diameter. How many such balls can be made ?
8. The height of a conical tank is 60 cm and the diameter of its base is
64cm. The cost of painting it from outside at the rate of Rs. 35 per sq. m. is
(a) Rs. 52.00 approx.
(b) Rs. 39.20 approx.
(c) Rs. 35.20 approx.
(d) Rs. 23.94 approx.
9. A cylindrical tank of diameter 35 cm is full of water. If 11 litres of
water is drawn off, the water level in the tank will drop by :
10. A and B can do a piece of work in 72 days. B and C can do it in 120 days,
A and C can do it in 90 days. In how many days all the three together can do the
(a) 80 days
(b) 100 days
(c) 60 days
(d) 150 days
Answer Key :
1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (d) 4. (c) 5. (b) 6. (c) 7. (d) 8.
(d) 9. (d) 10. (c)