(Papers) RRB Group D : Exam Paper & Answer Key Set-1
(General Inteligence & Reasoning)
Directions : A statement followed by two assumptions I & II is given. Which one of the four given alternatives is correct ?
Statement : Imprisonment for 27 years made Nelson Mandela The President.
Assumptions : I. One who will be imprisoned for 27 years will become The President
II. To become The President imprisonment is a qualification.
(a) Only I is implicit.
(b) Only II is implicit.
(c) Both I & II are implicit.
(d) Neither I nor II is implicit.
2. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word.
3. A word is given in capital letters. It is followed by four words. Out of these four words, three cannot be formed from the letters of the word in capital letters. Point out the word which can be formed from the letters of the
given word in capital letters.
4. If A = 1, FAT = 27,then FAITH = ?
5. If the word ‘STOVE’ can be written as ‘FNBLK, how can the word ‘VOTES’ be written in that code?
6. If’PAPER’ is written as’OZODQ’, how ‘PENCIL’ can be written in that code ?
7. There are five friends-S, K, M, A, R. S is shorter than K, but taller than R. M is the tallest. A is a little shorter than K and little taller than S. Who has two persons taller and two persons shorter than him ?
8. Rajiv is the brother of Atul. Sonia is the sister of Sunil. Atul is the son of Sonia. How is Rajiv related to Sonia ?
9. Of the five members of a panel sitting in a row, A is to the left of B, but on the right of C, D is on the right of B but is on the left of E. Find the member who is sitting in the middle.
10. There are some boys and dogs at a place. If total number of heads is 7 and total number of legs is 20, how many boys and how many dogs are there?
(a) 2 boys and 5 dogs
(b) 3 boys and 4 dogs
(c) 4 boys and 3 dogs
(d) 5 boys and 2 dogs
11. P, Q & R are educated, P, R & S are hard working, R, S & T are employed, P, Q, S & T are polite. Who is educated, hardworking, polite but not employed ?
12. Rama travels 10 km towards the north, turns left and travels 4 km and then again turns right and covers another 5 km and then turns right and travels another 4 km. How far is he from the starting point ?
(a) 5 km.
(b) 10 km.
(c) 15 km.
(d) 19 km.
13. A man starts from a point, walks 2 km towards north,turns towards his right and walks 2 km, turns right again and walks. What is the direction now he is facing ?
Directions (14-18): In the following questions select the related letters/ word / number/figure from the given alternatives.
14. Mother : Child: : Cloud : ?
15. Mountain : Hill :: Tree : ?
16. ADBC : WZXY : : EHFG : ?
17. JLNP : OMKI :: SUWY : ?
18. 42 : 56 :: 72 : ?
19. 3265 : 4376:: 4673: ?
Directions (20-21): In each of the following questions a word given in Capital Letters is followed by four answer words. Out of these only one cannot be formed by using the letters of the given words. Find out that word.
22. In a code language the following alphabets are coded in a particular way
23. If PALE is coded as 2134, EARTH is coded as 41590, how is PEARL coded in that code?
Directions: In question no. 24, find out from amongst the alternatives, the pair of number not belonging to the group for lack of common property.
24. (a) 64-8
Directions: From among the given alternatives select the one in which the set of numbers is most like the set of numbers given in the question.
25. Given set : 63, 49, 35
(a) 81, 63, 45
(b) 64, 40, 28
(c) 72, 40, 24
(d) 72, 48, 24
Answer Keys :
1. (d) 2. (c) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (a) 6. (d) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (a) 10. (c) 11. (a) 12. (c) 13. (a) 14. (b) 15. (d) 16. (d) 17. (c) 18. (b) 19. (d) 20. (a) 21. (a) 22. (d) 23. (b) 24. (c) 25.